All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionA hands-on guide to building an enterprise-grade, scalable RESTful web service using the Spring Framework About This Book * Follow best practices and explore techniques such as clustering and caching to achieve a scalable web service * Leverage the Spring Framework to quickly implement RESTful endpoints * Learn to implement a client library for a RESTful web service using the Spring Framework Who This Book Is For This book is intended for those who want to learn to build RESTful web services with the Spring Framework. To make best use of the code samples included in the book, you should have a basic kwledge of the Java language. Previous experience with the Spring Framework would also help you get up and running quickly. What You Will Learn * Deep dive into the principles behind REST * Expose CRUD operations through RESTful endpoints with the Spring Framework * Devise response formats and error handling strategies, offering a consistent and flexible structure to simplify integration for service consumers * Follow the best approaches for dealing with a service's evolution while maintaining backward compatibility * Understand techniques to secure web services * Comply with the best ways to test RESTful web services, including tips for load testing * Optimise and scale web services using techniques such as caching and clustering In Detail REST is an architectural style that tackles the challenges of building scalable web services. In today's connected world, APIs have taken a central role on the web. APIs provide the fabric through which systems interact, and REST has become synymous with APIs. The depth, breadth, and ease of use of Spring makes it one of the most attractive frameworks in the Java ecosystem. Marrying the two techlogies is therefore a very natural choice. This book takes you through the design of RESTful web services and leverages the Spring Framework to implement these services. Starting from the basics of the philosophy behind REST, you'll go through the steps of designing and implementing an enterprise-grade RESTful web service. Taking a practical approach, each chapter provides code samples that you can apply to your own circumstances. This book goes beyond the use of Spring and explores approaches to tackle resilience, security, and scalability concerns. You'll learn techniques to deal with security in Spring and discover how to implement unit and integration test strategies. Finally, the book ends by walking you through building a Java client for your RESTful web service, along with some scaling techniques for it. Style and approach This book is a step-by-step, hands-on guide to designing and building RESTful web services. The book follows the natural cycle of developing these services and includes multiple code samples to help you.
- Author BiographyLudovic Dewailly is a senior, hands-on software engineer and development manager with over 12 years of experience in designing and building software solutions on platforms ranging from resource-constrained mobile devices to cloud-computing systems. He is currently helping FancyGiving.com (a social shopping, wishing, and gifting platform) design and build their system. Ludovic's interests lie in software architecture and tackling the challenges of web scale.
- Author(s)Ludovic Dewailly
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication14/10/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.