All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionAlmost every practical astromer eventually aspires to have a fixed, permanent observatory for his or her telescope. A roll-off roof or dome observatory is the answer for the most popular home observatory design. Building a Roll-Off or Dome Observatory will help you decide whether to embark on the venture and will certainly increase your enthusiasm for the project. The author, both an amateur astromer and a professional landscape architect, answers many of the common questions asked about observatory construction, covering the following topics: * Zoning, and by-law requirements common to most states, towns and municipalities * Where to locate the observatory * How to tailor the observatory for your particular needs * Tools and structural components required * Possible variations in design * How to combine the structure with other structures (incorporating a garden patio under the gantry in the roll-off roof observatory, for example) This fully detailed outlines step-by-step construction, with professional detailed diagrams for each phase of construction.
- Author BiographyJohn Hicks is a Canadian citizen, Professor of Urban & Regional planning, and also a qualified professional landscape architect. Based in Ontario, Canada, he is the principal owner of John Hicks & Associates, Environmental Planners and Landscape Architects, Site Planning, Park Planning and Environmental Impact Assessment. He is also a long-time amateur astronomer and has had articles published in Astronomy, chapters in Dickinson and Dyer's The Backyard Astronomer's Guide, and has made contributions to various other astronomy books. John is well-known as a designer of observatories and telescopes and has been an active solar observer for 30 years. Prior to writing the first edition of Building a Roll-Off Observatory, he created and sold observatory plans for both roll-off and domed observatory structures at major star parties and to various clients globally.
- Author(s)John Stephen Hicks
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication07/11/2015
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleThe Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note98 black & white illustrations, 147 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight639 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.