All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title includes full-sized plans for 8 cae designs, most of which are the author's own adaptations. The step-by-step directions are accompanied by more than 100 photographs and illustrations. Covering everything from safety in the boat to shop repairs, Gil Gilpatrick thoroughly explains the whys and shortcuts learned from his experience in the shop and on the water. A Maine guide, he uses his own caes and tests their performance on the challenging Allagash River every summer. It includes full-sized plans for 8 well-proven cae designs, most of which are the author's own adaptations. Step-by-step directions for building a cae from start to finish are accompanied by more than 100 photographs and illustrations.
- Author BiographyGil Gilpatrick has been a Master Maine Guide for over 40 years and has taught Outdoor Resources at the Skowhegan Vocational Center in Maine for nearly 30 years. He has written extensively about his experiences in the outdoors and his knowledge of how to build outdoor equipment. His titles include: Building Snowshoes and Snowshoe Furniture, The Outdoor Leader's Handbook, Building Outdorr Gear, Building a Strip Canoe, Allagash, and The Allagash Guide. He is a member of the New England Outdoor Writers Association and a columnist for Northwoods Sporting Journal.
- Author(s)Gil Gilpatrick
- PublisherFox Chapel Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- SubjectShips & Waterways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationEast Petersberg
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFox Chapel Publishing
- Content Notefull colour plans, includes illustrations and photographs
- Weight667 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.