All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you have the desire to build your own electric vehicle, Building An Electric Vehicle with clear instructions and more than 130 color pictures in its 180 pages is the book for you. This book provides a step-by-step approach to converting an internal combustion engine automobile into an electric vehicle. You are taken through the design and construction of two electric vehicles, showing you color pictures of every step. The illustrated principles will help you produce the most efficient vehicle possible. This book follows the design and construction of two electric vehicles from the funding stage to the final driving stage. Unlike most How-To-Books this book discusses what t to do, in addition to what to do. You can see how some decisions led to some t so desirable results. Included in this manual is useful information on how to acquire the needed funding to do the conversion as well as a complete cost breakdown for each vehicle. A cost spreadsheet was used for each vehicle construction to record every cost. A minimal cost estimate to produce your electric vehicle is also shown. Vehicle schematics are included, showing how to integrate the drive electronics to the original vehicle wiring. The large color pictures in Building An Electric Vehicle give you all the information you need to build your own clean-energy, electric vehicle. These full size color pictures make the book cost a little more, but add so much more to the level of information included. If a picture is worth 1000 words, a color picture is worth 10,000 words; therefore, this book contains much more information than other books without color pictures.
- Author BiographyKen Watkins has a Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, but he believes anyone who can turn a wrench and has a basic understanding of how automobiles work can convert an automobile with an internal combustion engine into an electric vehicle. Ken is retired from the military electronics industry and is an adjunct instructor at a local college, helping students learn about electric vehicles. He can be contacted through his website at www.evsbyken.com.
- Author(s)Ken Watkins
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.