Building and Managing the Meta Data Repository: A Full Life-cycle Guide by David Marco (Paperback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $110.81+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $41.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book to tackle the subject of meta data in data warehousing, and the results are spectacular ...David Marco has written about the subject in a way that is approachable, practical, and immediately useful. Building and Managing the Meta Data Repository: A Full Lifecycle Guide is an excellent resource for any IT professional. -Steve Murchie Group Product Manager, Microsoft Corporation Meta data repositories can provide your company with tremendous value if they are used properly and if you understand what they can, and can't, do. Written by David Marco, the industry's leading authority on meta data and well-kwn columnist for DM Review, this book offers all the guidance you'll need for developing, deploying, and managing a meta data repository to gain a competitive advantage. After illustrating the fundamental concepts, Marco shows you how to use meta data to increase your company's revenue and decrease expenses. You'll find a comprehensive look at the major trends affecting the meta data industry, as well as steps on how to build a repository that is flexible eugh to adapt to future changes. This vendor-neutral guide alsoincludes complete coverage of meta data sources, standards, and architecture, and it explores the full gamut of practical implementation issues.Taking you step-by-step through the process of implementing a meta data repository, Marco shows you how to: - Evaluate meta data tools Build the meta data project plan - Design a custom meta data architecture - Staff a repository team - Implement data quality through meta data - Create a physical meta data model - Evaluate meta data delivery requirements The CD-ROM includes: - A sample implementation project plan - A function and feature checklist of meta data tool requirements - Several physical meta datamodels to support specific business functions Visit our Web site at www wiley.com/compbooks/ Visit the companion Web site at www wiley.com/compbooks/marco
- Author BiographyDAVID MARCO is the industry's leading authority on meta data and the founder and President of Enterprise Warehousing Solutions, Inc., a Chicago--headquartered strategic partner and systems integrator. He is also a monthly columnist for DM Review magazine and is an international speaker on data warehousing.
- Author(s)David Marco
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/08/2000
- SubjectMoney & Consumer Issues
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight627 g
- Width186 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Contained items statementContains Mixed media product
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.