All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionThis paperback edition of<em>Building for Tomorrow</em> includes dramatic recent projects, including The Seed Cathedral in Shanghai, the Riverside Museum in Glasgow, and the Metropol Parasol in Seville. Readers can also explore Richard Rogers's instantly recognizable Lloyds Building, Bart Prince's extraordinary organic wooden houses, Frank Gehry's billowing titanium gallery, and Santiago Calatrava's concrete beetle-like planetarium. Wherever the inspiration has been drawn, be it NASA capsules or nautilus shells, these buildings show that imagination and creativity can work on a variety of scales and budgets, and can collectively set a thought-provoking agenda for an alternative architecture of tomorrow.
- Author BiographyPaul Cattermole is a full-time writer and researcher working with a practice covering the fields of architecture, master-planning, and landscape design. He is the author of five books exploring both contemporary and historic architecture and design, including Architects: From A to Z, Bizarre Buildings, and Architectural Excellence: 500 Iconic Buildings.
- Author(s)Paul Cattermole
- PublisherOverlook Press
- Date of Publication27/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOverlook Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight1043 g
- Width236 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.