All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the last ten years IT has brought fundamental changes to the way the world works. Not only has it increased the speed of operations and communications, but it has also undermined basic assumptions of traditional business models and increased the number of variables. Today, the survival of major corporations is challenged by a world-wide marketplace, international operations, outsourcing, global communities, a changing workforce, security threats, business continuity, web visibility, and customer expectations. Enterprises must constantly adapt or they will be unable to compete. Fred Cummins, an EDS Fellow, presents IT as a key enabler of the agile enterprise. He demonstrates how the convergence of key techlogies-including SOA, BPM and emerging enterprise and data models-can be harnessed to transform the enterprise. Cummins mines his 25 years experience to provide IT leaders, as well as enterprise architects and management consultants, with the critical information, skills, and insights they need to partner with management and redesign the enterprise for continuous change. No other book puts IT at the center of this transformation, r integrates these techlogies for this purpose.
- Author BiographyFred Cummins , is currently an independent consultant and business systems architect. He is an active member of the Object Management Group as co-chair of the Business Modeling and Integration Task Force, co-chair of the Business Architecture Special Interest Group and co-chair of the Value Delivery Modeling Language Finalization Task Force. He was a leader in the development of the VDML (Value Delivery Modeling Language) and the CMMN (Case Management Model and Notation) specifications. He is a member of the board of LEADing Practice that is the provider of reference enterprise standards based on industry research by the Global University Alliance. Mr. Cummins has authored three books and a number of professional papers, and is inventor on 14 US patents. He was previously a Fellow with EDS and Hewlett Packard. He has consulted and developed systems in multiple industries including manufacturing, financial services, healthcare, transportation, telecommunications, insurance and government. Throughout his career he has applied advanced systems technology.
- Author(s)Fred A. Cummins
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication26/09/2008
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleThe MK/OMG Press
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan Kaufmann Publishers In
- Content NoteIllustrated; Illustrations, unspecified
- Weight690 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.