Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $77.49Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.16
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $43.47Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.39
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis Second Edition focuses on young children's brain development and shows teachers how to foster the critical early literacy skills that help students become successful readers. The authors discuss phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, comprehension, and fluency; offer instructional applications for games, music, and play; and provide intervention suggestions for children with early reading difficulties.
- Author BiographyPamela Nevills is first and foremost a teacher, working with learners from multiages-primary grades through post graduate students. She supervises student teachers and teaches methods classes at the University of California, Riverside. She has participated on and has been honored by local and state advisory committees. As a two-time panel member for Reading textbook selection for the state of California, she is well versed with state and national content standards. She is a national and international speaker and consultant on topics that include brain development from birth through adulthood, the brain and reading, school designs for all readers, and adult learners. Writing is a recent addition to Nevills's work. She is published through the state of California and by the Journal of Staff Development, and she regularly contributes to organizational newsletters. Patricia Wolfe is an independent consultant who speaks to educators in schools across the United States and in international schools. Her professional background includes public school teaching at all levels: staff development trainier for the Upland School District, director of instruction for the Napa County Office of Education, and a lead trainer for the International Principal Training Center in Rome and London. Her staff development experience includes workshops in Madeline Hunter's Elements of Effective Teaching and Clinical Supervision, Anthony Gregorc's Mind Styles, Carolyn Evertson's Classroom Management and Organization, and peer coaching. She has been featured in a number of videotape productions and satellite broadcasts. Wolfe's major interest over the past 20 years has centered on the educational implications and applications of current neuroscience, cognitive science, and educational research for teaching and learning. She can be reached at Mind Matters, Inc., 555 Randolph Street, Napa, CA 94559, Phone and Fax: (707) 226-1777, Web site: www.patwolfe.com
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication17/02/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight476 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byPamela A. Nevills,Patricia A. Wolfe
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.