Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.08
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionIn this examination of the ubiquitous practice of bullying among youth, compelling first person stories vividly convey the lived experience of peer torment and how it impacted the lives of five diverse young women. Author Keith Berry's own autoethgraphic narratives and analysis add important relational communication, methodological, and ethical dimensions to their accounts. The personal stories create an opening to understand how this form of physical and verbal violence shapes identities, relationships, communication, and the construction of meaning among a variety of youth. The layered narrative * describes the practices constituting bullying and how youth work to cope with peer torment and its aftermath, largely focusing on identity construction and well being; * addresses contemporary cyberbullying as well as other forms of relational aggression in many social contexts across race, gender, and sexual orientations; * is written in a compelling way to be accessible to students in communication, education, psychology, social welfare, and other fields.
- Author BiographyKeith Berry is Associate Professor in the Department of Communication at the University of South Florida and past Chair of the National Communication Association's (NCA's) Ethnography Division. He currently serves as Co-Chair of NCA's Anti-Bullying Task Force.
- Author(s)Keith Berry
- PublisherLeft Coast Press Inc
- Date of Publication10/05/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleWriting Lives: Ethnographic Narratives
- Place of PublicationWalnut Creek
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeft Coast Press Inc
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.