All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an intelligent guide to using critical thinking to discover the truth in an age of made-up and manipulated information. Birthers. Truthers. Moon hoaxers. Antivaxxers. Holocaust deniers. Young Earth creationists. These are just a few of the purveyors of misinformation who thrive on the internet. Never before has the truth been more accessible and lies so contagious. In this confusing environment, how does an honest person find the facts? What distinguishes real conspiracies from conspiracy theories, real science from pseudoscience, and actual history from bogus accounts? How does one evaluate the credibility of rumours? Ustilising the tools of critical thinking, Bullspotting shows readers how to make distinctions and how to spot evidence that has been manufactured or manipulated to create a false impression. At a time when the average person is bombarded with phony information on a daily basis, this book will prove t only a great read but also an invaluable resource.
- Author BiographyLoren Collins is a successful attorney, and the creator of www.BirthofaNotion.com, a website that debunks fallacies.
- Author(s)Loren Collins
- PublisherPrometheus Books
- Date of Publication16/10/2012
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationAmherst
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrometheus Books
- Out-of-print date13/06/2015
- Weight367 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.