Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionWe offer these texts bundled together at a discount for your students. O'Dwyer, Quantitative Research for the Qualitative Researcher Quantitative Research for the Qualitative Researcher is a concise, supplemental text that provides qualitatively oriented students and researchers with the requisite skills for conducting quantitative research. Throughout the book, authors Laura M. O'Dwyer and James A. Bernauer provide ample support and guidance to prepare readers both cognitively and attitudinally to conduct high quality research in the quantitative tradition. Highlighting the complementary nature of quantitative and qualitative research, they effectively explain the fundamental structure and purposes of design, measurement, and statistics within the framework of a research report, (including a dissertation). The text encourages the reader to see quantitative methodology for what it is?a process for systematically discovering new kwledge that can help describe, explain, and predict the world around us. Lichtman, Qualitative Research for the Social Sciences Focusing on the integral role of the researcher, Qualitative Research for the Social Sciences uses a conversational writing style that draws readers into the excitement of the research process. Lichtman offers a balanced and nuanced approach, covering the full range of qualitative methodologies and viewpoints about the field, including coverage of social media as a tool to facilitate research or as a venue for study. After presenting theoretical concepts and a historical overview, Lichtman guides readers, step by step, through the research process, addressing issues of analyzing data, presenting completed research, and evaluating research. Real-world examples from across the social sciences provide both practical and theoretical information, helping readers understand abstract ideas and apply them to their own research. Please contact your Sales Representative for more information.
- Author BiographyLaura O'Dwyer (Ph.D., Boston College) is an Associate Professor in the Department of Educational Research, Measurement, and Evaluation in the Lynch School of Education at Boston College. She teaches courses in applied data analysis (basic to advanced topics), quantitative research methods, survey construction, and experimental design. O'Dwyer's research focuses on examining the impact of technology-based interventions on student and teacher outcomes, and on international comparative studies in education. She has conducted several studies that employ randomized experimental designs to examine educational interventions including the effects of online professional development on teaching practices and learning outcomes. Marilyn Lichtman is a retired professor of educational research and evaluation from Virginia Tech at both the main campus in Blacksburg, Virginia, and at the graduate campus in Falls Church, Virginia. After attending The University of Chicago as an undergraduate, she moved to Washington, D.C. She completed all her degrees at The George Washington University, receiving her doctorate in educational research. She taught both qualitative and quantitative research courses while at The Catholic University of America and Virginia Tech. She is a regular user of the Internet and social media and was an early contributor to teaching qualitative courses online. She is currently on the editorial boards of The Qualitative Report and Forum: Qualitative Social Research (FQS), both online journals devoted to qualitative issues. She has served as a consultant to many school systems, private companies, and government agencies. She has traveled extensively throughout the world. Currently she serves on the docent council at the Corcoran gallery of Art in Washington, D.C.
- Author(s)Laura M. O'Dwyer,Marilyn V. Lichtman
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication30/11/2013
- FormatMultiple-item retail product
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Contained items statementContains 2 Paperbacks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.