All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.44
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
About this product
- DescriptionBetween the alien Alliance and the Terran Empire, a neutral zone stretches between the galaxies, a demilitarized zone that was established 150 years previous, following the Great War. The peace accord granted a semblance of peace to the universe. The peace, however, is a facade, and it is the responsibility of Michael Vance and his covert operations team to maintain that illusion. Recently, the Alliance lost contact with one of their outposts near the neutral zone. Surveillance scans show an abandoned city and signs of life. The Alliance does what it always does: send in the best. But an unexpected betrayal leaves Vance and his team stranded. Worse, the city that was supposed to be dead is quite alive. And the monsters that w roam its streets are slaughtering his team, one at a time.
- Author BiographyFor the past twelve years, I have found a cathartic passion in artistic endeavors. I've tried my hand at painting (which ended when my moon was fondly compared to a 2-year-olds version of the Death Star) and woodworking (at which point I realized I should not be allowed around power tools), before finally settling on writing. Over the past decade my writing has gained a certain level of complexity and maturity, which is a direct result of my own maturing while serving in the United States Army. I'm now an Army Major with multiple combat and humanitarian deployments. I've found a balance in my writing between the realism of war (as seen in the Brink of Distinction series), difficulties of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (as seen in Rage), and the complexities of maintaining relationships (which is prevalent in all my writing). Jon Messenger (Born 1979 in London, England) serves as an United States Army Major in the Medical Service Corps. Since graduating from the University of Southern California in 2002, writing Science Fiction has remained his passion, a passion that has continued through two deployments to Iraq and a humanitarian relief mission to Haiti. Jon wrote the Brink of Distinction trilogy, of which Burden of Sisyphus is the first book, while serving a 16-month deployment in Baghdad, Iraq.
- Author(s)Jon Messenger
- PublisherCrimson Tree Publishing
- Date of Publication07/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleBrink of Distinction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrimson Tree Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.