Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $70.06
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
- AU $12.91Trending at AU $16.90
About this product
- DescriptionLuke Mullen, sixteen-year-old son of a former high-ranking police officer, has disappeared, presumed kidnapped. While -one quite dares to voice the fear that he could also be presumed dead, Detective Inspector Tom Thorne is brought in to beef up the squad dedicated to locating the missing boy. The first thing the team looks for is anyone with a grudge against Luke's father, a man who has put a lot of tough villains away in his time. A list quickly emerges, but Thorne discovers that ex-DCI Tony Mullen has omitted the name of the most obvious suspect: a man who'd once threatened him and his family and who, after serving time for his original crime, is w the main suspect in a murder which has been unsolved for four years. Is this a simple oversight, understandable considering the trauma of his son's disappearance? Or is it something more telling? Aware that he hasn't the luxury of time, Thorne searches desperately for connections and leads, but learns that secrets are as easily buried as bodies, and that assumptions are the enemies of truth.
- Author BiographyMark Billingham is a stand-up comedian, appearing regularly at the Comedy Store. He was given the 2003 Sherlock Award as the creator of the Best Detective created by a British writer and in 2005 won the first Theakston's Old Peculier Award for the Best Crime Novel of the Year with LAZYBONES.
- PrizesShortlisted for Theakston's Old Peculier Crime Novel of the Year 2008.
- Author(s)Mark Billingham
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication31/05/2007
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleTom Thorne Novels
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date06/08/2013
- Weight275 g
- Width109 mm
- Height176 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.