All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
About this product
- DescriptionPaul DeMarinis works embody an aesthetic culture of invention permeated by a critical, yet humorous and poetic spirit. Buried in Noise is being published on the occasion of his artist fellowshipat the DAAD artists' program in Berlin, Germany. The publication compiles ocumentation on DeMarinis's complete oeuvre since 1973 and the first published compendium of texts by the artist.
- Author BiographyIngrid Beirer is head of the Berlin Artist Program of German Academic Exchange Program. Carsten Seiffarth Born 1963. Musicologist, founder and artistic director of the sound art gallery singuhr Hoergalerie Berlin and one of the artistic directors of the media art laboratory Tesla Berlin. As an independant cuator and producer he initiates and produces internationally exhibitions and projects in the sound art context. Sabine Himmelsbach, born in 1966, is an art historian; she has been director of the Edith Russ Site for Media Art in Oldenburg since September 2005. Paul DeMarinis has been working as an electronic media artist since 1971 and has created numerous performance works, sound and computer installations and interactive electronic inventions. He has performed internationally, at The Kitchen, Festival d'Automne a Paris, Het Apollohuis in Holland and at Ars Electronica in Linz and created music for Merce Cunningham Dance Co. His interactive audio artworks have been shown at the I.C.C. in Tokyo, Bravin Post Lee Gallery in New York and The Museum of Modern Art in San Francisco. Public artworks include large scale interactive installations at Park Tower Hall in Tokyo, at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta and Expo 1998 in Lisbon and an interactive audio environment at the Ft. Lauderdale International Airport in 2003.
- PublisherKehrer Verlag
- Date of Publication17/06/2011
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintKehrer Verlag
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight885 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byCarsten Seiffarth,Ingrid Beirer,Sabine Himmelsbach
- Illustrator(s)Paul DeMarinis
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.