All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.64
- AU $12.80Trending at AU $17.42
- AU $13.46Trending at AU $18.26
- AU $7.51Trending at AU $12.34
- AU $8.88Trending at AU $12.36
About this product
- DescriptionCasey has never felt more alone. Since her mother's death, she has struggled to keep the house running and care for Ginny, her autistic sister. Her friends aren't close anymore and her dad has withdrawn into drink and his own private grief. Casey begins writing tes to her mother. Then she sets a ritual fire, burns the tes, and watches the smoke rise. Maybe her mother will see her message. Soon the ritual fires won't be able to relieve her growing resentment ? or contain the terrible secret she has been harbouring since her mother's illness. A powerful free-verse vel by the author of Libertad, Burn explores a girl's desperate attempt to keep her family together, even as her own growing obsessions threaten to destroy them all.
- Author BiographyALMA FULLERTON was born in Ottawa Ontario. She is the author of In the Garage; Walking on Glass, 2008 YALSA Quick Pick list); and Libertad, 2008 Governor General's Literary Award for Children's Literature (finalist), 2009 TD Canadian Children's Literature Award (finalist), 2009 Ruth & Sylvia Schwartz Children's Book Award (winner), 2009 CLA Children's Book of the Year Honor Book, 2009 Golden Oak Award (winner), 2009 Once Upon a World Children's Book Award (winner), and the 2010 Silver Birch Award (Honour Book).
- Author(s)Alma Fullerton
- PublisherCormorant Books
- Date of Publication01/09/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintCormorant Books
- Weight236 g
- Width130 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.