All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.24
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionColonization is the theme of this exciting, complex page-turner that provides a provocative and entertaining look at Thoreau's classic eco-text Walden . Eccentric billionaire Jack Winter has bought the planet Beekman's Pea, renamed it Walden, and created a utopia in which members reunce the techlogies of human civilization. Marginalized by these newcomers, the planet's original inhabitants are resisting the colony's dominance by setting fires to Walden's artificial ecology. A member of Walden, Prosper Gregory Leung is a veteran firefighter who believes in protecting Winter's utopian vision, but when he is wounded, he begins to learn of the terrible price that the people of Walden are paying for their paradise. Interwoven with themes of environmental responsibility, political struggle, and courage, this adventure vel nimbly combines political and social relevance with a flawless and gripping narrative from a veteran science fiction author.
- Author BiographyJames Patrick Kelly writes for Asimov's Science Fiction and in 2004 was appointed chair of the New Hampshire State Council on the Arts. He lives in Nottingham, New Hampshire.
- Author(s)James Patrick Kelly
- PublisherTachyon Publications
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTachyon Publications
- Weight317 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.