All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionCockfights, a prophetic turnip, the pharmack mysteries of antidepressants ...in this book the natural world looms as a potent and nearly conscious metaphor for desire, transcendence and loss. The power in these poems comes from a persistently idiosyncratic combination of subject, language and tone: the dark emotion energy of the subjects-illness, witch trials, lost children-the lush, urgent language, and the exacting, wry, relentlessly unsentimental tone.
- Author BiographyAMY BEEDER teaches poetry at the University of New Mexico and at Taos Summer Writer's Conference. Previously, she worked as a freelance reporter, a political asylum specialist, a high school teacher in West Africa, and a human rights observer in Haiti and Surinam. Her awards include the 2001 Discovery /The Nation Award, a Bread Loaf Scholarship, and a Witness Emerging Writers Award. Her poems have appeared in Poetry, The Nation, AGNI, and other publications. She is Poetry Editor for the Blue Mesa Review, and lives in Albuquerque with her husband and two daughters.
- Author(s)Amy Beeder
- PublisherCarnegie-Mellon University Press
- Date of Publication17/02/2006
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationPittsburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCarnegie-Mellon University Press
- Weight113 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.