All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionWherever people are working, there is some type of stress-and where there is stress, there is the risk of burut. It is widespread, the subject of numerous studies in the U.S. and abroad. It is also costly, both to individuals in the form of sick days, lost wages, and emotional exhaustion, and to the workplace in terms of the bottom line. But as we are w beginning to understand, burut is also preventable. Burut for Experts brings multifaceted analysis to a multilayered problem, offering comprehensive discussion of contributing factors, classic and less widely perceived markers of burut, coping strategies, and treatment methods. International perspectives consider phase models of burut and differentiate between burut and related physical and mental health conditions. By focusing on specific job and life variables including workplace culture and gender aspects, contributors give professionals ample means for recognizing burut as well as its warning signs. Chapters on prevention and intervention detail effective programs that can be implemented at the individual and organizational levels. Included in the coverage: * History of burut: a phemen. * Personal and external factors contributing to burut. * Depression and burut * Assessment tools and methods. * The role of communication in burut prevention. * Active coping and other intervention strategies. Skillfully balancing scholarship and accessibility, Burut for Experts is a go-to resource for health psychologists, social workers, psychiatrists, and organizational, industrial, and clinical psychologists.
- Author BiographySabine Bahrer-Kohler, Dr. Dipl. Dipl. has her own company for counseling clients on how to deal with or prevent stress and burnout symptoms , is a lecturer at the University of Applied Science Bern, Switzerland; director of the International Psychogeriatric Association; contact person for International Mental Health of the International Federation of Social Workers (IFSW) and the representative of the International Federation of Social Workers on the WHO Committee issuing the new ICD-11. She holds a doctorate in social science from the University of Tubingen, a diploma in education from the University of Education-Freiburg, and a diploma in social work and social education from the Protestant University of Applied Sciences-Berlin. In 2000, Dr. Bahrer-Kohler was awarded the Research Prize given by the University Clinic in Bologna, Italy. She is a member of the Society for Women's Psychiatric Health, the Swiss Alzheimer's Society, and the Swiss Society for Social Psychiatry. As an academic social worker, she has looked after patients suffering from depression and/or severe burnout for 13 years. In 2009, Dr. Bahrer-Kohler published Self Management of Chronic Disease with Springer.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/11/2012
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note16 black & white tables, biography
- Weight553 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited bySabine Bahrer-Kohler
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.