CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionBurnt Lips: Thoughts, jokes, sadness, joy, love of the alien is Yuriy Grigoryants' first book of poetry and it is a thought provoking book. Great poetry calls into question your beliefs. It dares us to break free from the safe strategies of the cautious mind. It opens us to pain and joy and delight. It amazes, startles, pierces, and transforms us. It can lead to communion and grace. It shows how poetry illuminates the eternal feelings and desires that stir the human heart and soul. These poems explore such universal themes as the awakening of wonder, the longing for love, the wisdom of dreams, and the courage required for living an authentic life. In each poem, Yuriy offers glimpses into his personal emotional and spiritual journey and invites readers to contemplate the significance of his message in their own lives.
- Author BiographyYuriy Grigoryants is a writer/spoken word artist who currently resides in San Antonio, TX. Yuriy was born in Azerbaijan, then moved to Russia where he started to write poetry, songs and perform on stage. He emigrated from Russia to the United States in 1998 and spent 11 years in New York where he took a hiatus before moving to San Antonio in 2009. In 2010, Yuriy started to write and perform in English. He regularly attended open mic events and also started reading poems at local radio stations. To his surprise, he received quite a warm reception from the people of San Antonio. Returning to poetry was quite therapeutic and challenging, as English is not his native language. However, the revived passion for writing, spoken word and acting made this cross-over happen. Yuriy is on his way to becoming a full-time writer/spoken word artist. He recently collaborated on a show by the sculptor Hebron Chism, of San Antonio, called When Two Tribes Meet. This show was the blending of two tools together; brush and pen. Artists and poets united for this special event. The mixture of English language and oriental spirit and cultural background create an interesting effect, plus the sincerity of his poetry is undeniable.
- Author(s)Yuriy Grigoryants
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication21/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edited byCassietta Jefferson
- Illustrator(s)Yuriy Grigoryants
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.