All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBury St Edmunds Memories offers a stalgic look back at the town's past through a selection of postcards, photographs, receipts and adverts from the author's own collection. Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk is a unique historic gem. An important market town with a richly fascinating heritage, the striking combination of medieval architecture, elegant Georgian squares and glorious Cathedral and Abbey gardens provide a distinctive visual charm. Home to one of the most important monasteries in medieval Europe, Bury St Edmunds has witnessed feuding, intrigue, scandal and triumph in its past. Author Martyn Taylor invites the reader to step back in time and explore the town's rich and fascinating history.
- Author BiographyMartyn was born and bred in Bury St Edmunds. He was a committee member responsible for heritage and history for the Bury Society. On behalf of the Bury Society he was the co-ordinator of a blue plaque scheme for the town which was completed in 2012. This involved a lot of research including producing a pamphlet about the plaque recipients. On several occasions Martyn has liaised with the local press on various aspects of Bury St Edmunds. Over the years he has been involved with writing articles on the town's history and has contributed to four booklets produced by a local history group, Bury Heritage Guides. As an amateur historian he also gives talks on the history of the town.
- Author(s)Martyn Taylor
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/11/2015
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleMemories
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note100
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.