All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 1960s, many of the bus services in Scotland's Western Isles, from Lewis and Harris in the rth down to Islay in the south, were operated by MacBrayne's, the company which also operated the ferry services between the islands and the mainland. At the start of the 1970s, however, their bus operations were taken over by Highland Omnibuses, part of the Scottish Bus Group, and in this book, John Sinclair, the author of the best-selling Highland Buses, takes the reader back to that time. This unique collection of images, taken almost entirely by the author and dating from the 1960s, when he was practising as a doctor in Storway, and from his frequent return visits in the 1970s, provides a vivid window into the past of the isolated communities served by these buses as well as many photographs of the stunning landscapes of Skye and the Western Isles.
- Author BiographyJohn Sinclair practised medicine in Stornoway and other towns across the north of Scotland before becoming a surgeon based in Glasgow. He is now retired and lives in Milngavie.
- Author(s)John Sinclair
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/04/2014
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Weight340 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.