All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionBringing together a number of recognized international experts, this book considers the impact of changes in American foreign policy on the East Asian region, as well as the evolving nature of American policy itself. Specific case studies consider America's relations with the most important countries of the region, including China, a potential strategic rival, Japan, still the second largest ecomy in the world, and Indonesia, the world's largest Muslim country. These case studies and others are complemented with more theoretical and thematic considerations of the nature of American hegemony, its historical links to the region, security policy, ecomic ties, and American attitudes toward emerging East Asian regionalism. Bush and Asia provides a comprehensive introduction to, and analysis of, the Bush administration's relations with what will be the twenty-first century's most dynamic and strategically significant region.
- Author BiographyMark Beeson is Senior Lecturer in the School of Political Science and International Relations at the University of Queensland. His research interests centre on the political-economy of East Asia. His latest book is Contemporary Southeast Asia: Regional Dynamics, National Differences.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/04/2006
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleRoutledge Security in Asia Pacific Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byMark Beeson
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.