All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book has been written for teachers of business education and ecomics in the years of their early professional development, including those on PGCE courses, those in their induction year, and those in years two and three of their teaching career. The book will also be suitable for subject leaders with mentor responsibilities and Advanced Skills teachers undertaking specialist inset and teaching support. The book covers the training standards for NQTs and the Induction Standards. But it goes beyond this by fully exploring issues to do with subject kwledge in learning to teach, broadly accepting that an essential element of a secondary teacher's identity is tied up with the subject taught. The book is divided into three sections: * framing the subject - which defines subject kwledge and raises questions about business education and ecomics as school subjects * teaching the subject - which looks at pedagogical, curricular and pupil kwledge * business, ecomics and enterprise within the professional community - which focuses on the place of business education and ecomics within the wider curriculum and the teaching community. This book aims to provide stimulating assistance to subject specialists by helping them find ways of thinking about their specialism, how to teach with it and how to engage with what pupils learn through it.
- Author BiographyPeter Davies is Professor of Education Policy and Director of the Institute for Education Policy Research at Staffordshire University, UK. Jacek Brant is Lecturer in Business and Economics Education at the Institute of Education, University of London where he is subject leader for the PGCE in Business and Economics.
- Author(s)Jacek Brant,Peter Davies
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleTeaching School Subjects 11-19
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Falmer
- Content Note44 black & white tables, 6 black & white line drawings
- Weight317 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.