Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.40Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough the topic of business-government relations (BGR) is obviously t original, the authors seek to make their work unique by creating a conceptual framework that attempts to utilize empirical data to address this interdependence systematically. To attain this goal, Stevens, Wartick, and Bagby build on the fragmented foundations of relevant BGR literature. Major issues addressed include the legal environment of BGR; the relationships between resource dependence and BGR attitudes of private-sector executives; the perceptions of BGR by public-sector managers; and an analysis of the Grace Commission as an example of a contemporary, nproductive business-government interaction. This volume would be especially appropriate for libraries serving graduate students and faculty in the areas of business and public administration. Choice Although much has been written on the various aspects of the business-government relationship, this new research-based study is among the first to explore the dynamics of this interaction fully and to provide the comprehensive analysis needed to bring many diverse elements into perspective. An in-depth study of the problems confronting business and government in their efforts to work together, it examines private and public sector managerial views and attempts to integrate them in the context of real world experience. The sources of problems and specific alternative courses are identified using a data-based analytical approach that focuses on substantive issues.
- Author BiographyJOHN M. STEVENS is an Associate Professor in the Department of Public Administration at the Pennsylvania State University and is also the Graduate Program Officer in the Policy Analysis Program. STEVEN L. WARTICK is Assistant Professor of Business Administration at the Pennsylvania State University. JOHN W. BAGBY is an Associate Professor of Business Law at the Pennsylvania State University.
- Author(s)John M. Stevens,John W. Bagby,Steven L. Wartick
- Date of Publication12/08/1988
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.