Business Process Reengineering: Breakpoint Strategies for Market Dominan by A. John Pendlebury, William A. Wheeler, Patrick McHugh, Henry J. Johansson (Hardback, 1993)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $177.29Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBusiness Process Reengineering: BreakPoint Strategies for Market Dominance shows you how to take the vital next step to attain market dominance and become a world leader. A team of internationally recognized Coopers & Lybrand manufacturing consultants explain why they believe the business world needs to move beyond continuous improvement and TQM concepts to Business Process Reengineering (BPR). BPR involves a dramatic redesign of business processes, organization structures and use of techlogy, to achieve breakthroughs in business competitiveness. The book is based on the authors experience of extensive international work with leading corporations including AT&T, Asea Brown Boveri (ABB), Allied-Signal, and Coca-Cola & Schweppes (CC&SB). Focusing on the effectiveness of BPR, the book shows how companies can streamline operations, and inevitably cut costs, on the way to creating process excellence in all key aspects of the organization. Reengineering goes beyond continuous improvement. Continuous improvement is exactly the right idea if you are the world leader it is probably a disastrous idea if you are far behind in the world standard we need rapid, quantum-leap improvement. We cant be satisfied to lay out a plan that will move us towards the existing world standard over some protracted period of time if we accept such a plan; we will never be the world leader . (Paul O Neill, Chairman ALCOA).
- Author BiographyAbout the authors Henry J. Johansson is the Chairman of the Coopers & Lybrand (C&L). Manufacturing Industry practice. He has been responsible for the firm's most significant consulting engagements in the area of implementing new technologies to enhance performance and competitiveness. He is a certified management consultant and a certified practitioner in production and inventory management. He is on the Board of Directors of the Operations Management Association and on the Board of Advisors for the Journal of Cost Management for the Manufacturing Industry. Patrick McHugh is a Partner in C&L's Commerce and Industry Management Consulting Division. His extensive international work has included advising manufacturing companies, governments and the public sector on areas from competitive strategy and industrial policy to technology management. He founded the Engineering Group in the UK and the C&L International Centre for Technology and Engineering Management. He is currently the Partner in Charge of the firm's consulting activities in the technology and engineering industries. A. John Pendlebury is currently the Partner in Charge of the Manufacturing, Engineering, and Logistics Consulting for the UK branch of C&L. He is responsible for 200 professionals in the UK occupied with strategy and implementation in the above functional areas. His career with C&L began in 1973 and has led him to work within branches in the USA, USSR and throughout Europe. He has overseen a multitude of manufacturing, logistical, strategic planning, industrial administration, and restructuring projects during his time with C&L. William A. Wheeler III is a Partner in the C&L Management Consulting Services Group and is responsible for the National Just-In-Time (JIT) and Manufacturing Strategy practices in the USA and the International Manufacturing Strategy Center of Excellence. He has participated in and managed numerous domestic and international consulting engagements that involve the major elements of strategy and productivity improvement, including: quality, engineering, and materials systems. He has won international recognition for his contributions in the field of JIT. He originated the concepts of Co-Op Contracting and BreakPoint Manufacturing Strategy, which have been adopted by major corporations throughout the world.
- Author(s)A. John Pendlebury,Henry J. Johansson,Patrick McHugh,William A. Wheeler
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication17/05/1993
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width163 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $14.00Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.