All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBUSINESS & PROFESSIONAL ETHICS, 7E delivers an insider's look at actual companies in the face of a wide range of ethical dilemmas. By integrating the latest information on ethics, governance scandals, legal liability, and professional accounting and audit issues, this text highlights the most recent ethical issues in today's business environment. Providing real-world examples of ethical issues in the workplace, this accounting text gives the user insight into the development of sound patterns of behavior on the part of directors, executives, and accountants. Current cases and key readings provide an interesting, challenging, and practical learning experience.
- Author BiographyPaul Dunn is an Associate Professor of Business Ethics and the Chair of the Organizational Behaviour, Human Resources, Entrepreneurship and Ethics department at the Goodman School of Business, Brock University. Dr. Dunn holds two degrees in philosophy: a bachelor's and a master's, both from the University of Toronto. He also holds a doctorate in accounting from Boston University. He is also a CPA and was a practicing chartered accountant in downtown Toronto for a dozen years. Dr. Dunn's research focuses on corporate governance and corporate social responsibility. His work has been published in a variety of scholarly journals, including Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of Management, Business & Society, Journal of Management and Governance and Business Ethics Quarterly. He sits on the editorial boards of the Journal of Business Ethics and Business & Society and is an active review more than a half-dozen other scholarly journals. He is the Treasurer of the Social Issues in Management division of the Academy of Management as well as serving as the Treasurer for the Society for Business Ethics. He has been interviewed on TV, the radio, and in the press in Canada, the United States and Sweden. Leonard J. Brooks is Professor of Business Ethics & Accounting at the Rotman School of Management of the University of Toronto. He is Executive Director of the Clarkson Centre for Business Ethics & Board Effectiveness, Director of the Professional Accounting Centre, the Master of Management & Professional Accounting Program, and the Master of Forensic Accounting Program (formerly the Diploma in Investigative & Forensic Accounting Program). Professor Brooks served 14 years on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Business Ethics and as Founding Editor of Corporate Ethics Monitor, a pioneering bimonthly publication. He has published articles on ethics issues in the Journal of Business Ethics, Accounting Organizations and Society, Canadian Accounting Perspectives, and Business & Society. He authored BUSINESS & PROFESSIONAL ETHICS FOR ACCOUNTANTS, 2E; ETHICS & GOVERNANCE: DEVELOPING AND MAINTAINING AN ETHICAL CORPORATE CULTURE, 4E; and PRINCIPLES OF STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT: THE CLARKSON PRINCIPLES. Professor Brooks also authored/edited the research monograph CANADIAN CORPORATE SOCIAL PERFORMANCE. Prior to joining the University of Toronto, he obtained his CA designation (in 1970) and subsequently became an audit manager and Director of Manpower for Touche Ross & Co. (now Deloitte) in Toronto. Professor Brooks served as a member, then chair, of the Chartered Accountants' national Board of Examiners and chair of its national Syllabus Committee. He was named a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants (FCA) of Ontario in 1982. These professional designations were converted to CPA and FCPA in 2012. He consults with individuals, corporations, governmental and non-governmental organizations and serves as an expert witness and frequent media-commentator. Professor Brooks is also a former director of the Canadian Centre for Ethics & Corporate Policy and a former president of the Canadian Academic Accounting Association.
- Author(s)Leonard J. Brooks,Paul Dunn
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication21/07/2014
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCengage Learning, Inc
- Content Notecolour tables, figures
- Weight1160 g
- Width205 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.