All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- Description'Takes the challenging and makes it understandable. The book contains useful advice on the application of statistics to a variety of contexts and shows how statistics can be used by managers in their work.' - Dr Terri Byers, Assistant Professor, University Of New Brunswick, Canada A book about introductory quantitative analysis, the authors show both how and why quantitative analysis is useful in the context of business and management studies, encouraging readers to t only memorise the content but to apply learning to typical problems. Fully up-to-date with comprehensive coverage of IBM SPSS and Microsoft Excel software, the tailored examples illustrate how the programmes can be used, and include step-by-step figures and tables throughout. A range of 'real world' and fictional examples, including The Ballad of Eddie the Easily Distracted and Esha's Story help bring the study of statistics alive. A number of in-text boxouts can be found throughout the book aimed at readers at varying levels of study and understanding *Back to Basics for those struggling to understand, explain concepts in the most basic way possible - often relating to interesting or humorous examples *Above and Beyond for those racing ahead and who want to be introduced to more interesting or advanced concepts that are a little bit outside of what they may need to kw *Think it over get students to stop, engage and reflect upon the different connections between topics A range of online resources including a set of data files and templates for the reader following in-text examples, downloadable worksheets and instructor materials, answers to in-text exercises and video content compliment the book. An ideal resource for undergraduates taking introductory statistics for business, or for anyone daunted by the prospect of tackling quantitative analysis for the first time.
- Author BiographyNick Lee is Professor of Sales and Management Science at Loughborough University's School of Business Economics, Editor in Chief of The European Journal of Marketing, and was featured in The Times as 'one of the 15 scientists whose work will shape the future'. Mike Peters is Director of Engineering and Applied Science Foundation Programmes at Aston University, a chartered mathematician, a fellow of The Institute of Mathematics and its Applications and a senior fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Author(s)Mike Peters,Nick Lee
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication17/12/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight1406 g
- Width195 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.