Business Statistics in Practice by Richard T. O'Connell, Bruce L. Bowerman, Emilly S. Murphree (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $79.99+ AU $20.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buybrandnewbooks-com
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $80.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionBusiness Statistics in Practice, Seventh Edition provides a modern, practical and unique framework for teaching an introductory course in Business Statistics. The textbook employs realistic examples, continuing case studies and a business improvement theme to teach the material. The Seventh Edition features more concise and lucid explanations, an improved topic flow and a sensible use of the best and most compelling examples. Connect is the only integrated learning system that empowers students by continuously adapting to deliver precisely what they need, when they need it, and how they need it, so that your class time is more engaging and effective.
- Author BiographyBruce L. Bowerman is professor of decision sciences at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. He received his Ph.D. degree in statistics from Iowa State University in 1974, and he has over 40 years of experience teaching basic statistics, regression analysis, time series forecasting, survey sampling, and design of experiments to both undergraduate and graduate students. In 1987, Professor Bowerman received an Outstanding Teaching award from the Miami University senior class, and in 1992 he received an Effective Educator award from the Richard T. Farmer School of Business Administration. Together with Richard T. O'Connell, Professor Bowerman has written 16 textbooks. These include Forecasting and Time Series: An Applied Approach; Forecasting, Time Series, and Regression: An Applied Approach (also coauthored with Anne B. Koehler); and Linear Statistical Models: An Applied Approach. The fi rst edition of Forecasting and Time Series earned an Outstanding Academic Book award from Choice magazine. Professor Bowerman has also published a number of articles in applied stochastic processes, time series forecasting, and statistical education. In his spare time, Professor Bowerman enjoys watching movies and sports, playing tennis, and designing houses. Richard T. O'Connell is associate professor of decision sciences at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. He has more than 35 years of experience teaching basic statistics, statistical quality control and process improvement, regression analysis, time series forecasting, and design of experiments to both undergraduate and graduate business students. He also has extensive consulting experience and has taught workshops dealing with statistical process control and process improvement for a variety of companies in the Midwest. In 2000, Professor O'Connell received an Effective Educator award from the Richard T. Farmer School of Business Administration. Together with Bruce L. Bowerman, he has written 16 textbooks. These include Forecasting and Time Series: An Applied Approach; Forecasting, Time Series, and Regression: An Applied Approach (also coauthored with Anne B. Koehler); and Linear Statistical Models: An Applied Approach. Professor O'Connell has published a number of articles in the area of innovative statistical education. He is one of the first college instructors in the United States to integrate statistical process control and process improvement methodology into his basic business statistics course. He (with Professor Bowerman) has written several articles advocating this approach. He has also given presentations on this subject at meetings such as the Joint Statistical Meetings of the American Statistical Association and the Workshop on Total Quality Management: Developing Curricula and Research Agendas (sponsored by the Production and Operations Management Society). Professor O'Connell received an M.S. degree in Decision Sciences from Northwestern University in 1973, and he is currently a member of both the Decision Sciences Institute and the American Statistical Association. In his spare time, Professor O'Connell enjoys fishing, collecting 1950s' and 1960s' rock music, and following the Green Bay Packers and Purdue University sports.
- Author(s)Bruce L. Bowerman,Emilly S. Murphree,Richard T. O'Connell
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Weight1916 g
- Width218 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.