Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $74.11Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 21st century, one of the most teworthy changes in the human rights debate relates to the increased recognition of the link between business and human rights. This book is an attempt to explore this relationship and also to look into the obligations of the state and transnational corporations in the promotion of human rights. Business and Human Rights discusses how globalization has affected individuals in the enjoyment of their human rights in relation to the activities of corporations. The book addresses what additional steps the states should take to protect against human rights abuses by business enterprises that are owned or controlled by the state. Moreover, it covers, in depth, the role and contribution of the United Nations in business and human rights. The book includes several real-life case studies to help the readers understand the topics discussed.
- Author BiographyManoj Kumar Sinha is the Director of Indian Law Institute, New Delhi. He was a former professor of law at the West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata. He did his doctorate in international law from the Jawaharlal Nehru University (New Delhi), LLM from the University of Nottingham, and LLB from the University of Delhi. His areas of specialization are: human rights, international humanitarian and refugee law, international criminal law, international law, international institutions, and constitutional law. He has published extensively in the field of international law, international relations, constitutional law, international human rights, and international humanitarian and refugee law, in reputed Indian and international law journals. He serves as the member of editorial boards of various reputed national and international journals. Professor Sinha is also a member of research bodies of many universities in India and abroad.
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication03/10/2013
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleSage Impact
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Weight590 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byManoj Kumar Sinha
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.