Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
About this product
- DescriptionThis story began as the tale of an extremely mischievous little Basset Hound named Buster. He was adopted by the author and his wife when he was one year old. He managed to get into so much trouble within the first six months in his new forever home that his exhausted adoptive parents decided that his story needed to be recorded, and possibly shared with the dog-loving public. During the capture of his antics in written form, the author's wife was diagsed with an extremely aggressive brain cancer. She braved over two years of horrifying and ultimately unsuccessful treatments. She died on November 12, 2008, never having given up hope for a miracle cure, r having abandoned her wonderfully cheerful personality. Buster's tale then required recasting as a love story about a beautiful little Swedish girl who had lived in Paris for seventeen years, but moved to Cockeysville, Maryland, US of A for the promise of a big dog. The story sort of winds its way through a happy marriage and several big dogs, a big cat, and finally a t-so-big but really silly hound dog.
- Author BiographyWalter Appel graduated from Baltimore City College before fulfilling his Universal Military Training obligation, serving two years in the Maryland National Guard and five years in the US Air Force. He graduated from University of Baltimore, became a CPA, and spent 30 years of unmitigated joy in the corporate world. He is the author of the book No Mulligans, No Gimmes, No Muffelettas.
- Author(s)Walt Appel
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication21/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Illustrator(s)Walker /Pedersen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.