All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe roots of the zombie apocalypse are grounded in modern literature, movies, and mythology and in this book we apply an academic treatment and professional rigor to examine the real-world implications of such an event. Each essay presents a unique perspective that relies on real world, historical, and evidence based examples, as well as those from Hollywood and popular culture. This allows a discussion of the probability of life, behavior, and reaction during an undead invasion. All essays use the zombie apocalypse as a metaphor for real world catastrophes, including a balance of both popular culture and academic references.
- Author BiographyAmy Thompson is an associate professor of biology at Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, Tennessee, USA. She has published several research articles on skeletal muscle development and disease, brown recluse spider bite pathology, and teaching pedagogy, including using popular culture such as zombies in the classroom. Antonio Thompson is an associate professor of history at Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, Tennessee, USA. He has published several articles including topics such as prisoners of war and zombie popular culture teaching pedagogy.
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/08/2015
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleContributions to Zombie Studies
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAmy L. Thompson,Antonio S. Thompson
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.