All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
About this product
- DescriptionBonnae Gokson s book Butterflies and All Things Sweet opens a window into the inspiration and ideas behind her extraordinary cake designs. Unique in the world, these cakes encapsulate the creative vision of the woman who made her name working with luxury brands including Chanel, Giorgio Armani, W Hotels and Ritz Carlton. Butterflies and All Things Sweet is t a cookbook, but a visual feast, exploring the ingredients, ideas and inspiration behind the works of edible art through lush photography shot on location in Hong Kongthe home of Bonnae Gokson s cafes and restaurantsand internationally. The ruffles of a petticoat. The petals of a delicate peony. Rolls and rolls of satin ribbons in a dozen shades of red. The startling purple hue of taro at the market. The juicy citrus cells of a pomelo, the jewel-like seeds of a pomegranate. Fragrant ripe raspberries at the height of their perfection. The gold luster of a butterfly s wing, glimpsed and then gone. When there s a lot going on, it is the simple things in life that are the most powerful, she says. Bonnae Gokson s Hong Kong cafes and restaurants include Ms B s Cakery, SEVVA and C est La B.Bonnae Gokson s privileged upbringing exposed her to fine dining, grand entertaining and extensive international travel, and these influences shaped her destiny as the Hong Kong style icon she is today. Yet it is her quest for authenticity and joy that drives her creativity, resulting in cakes that taste as extraordinary as they look. A little flour, a little sugar, a little butter and the power of the imagination: that s what it takes, she says. From pure raw ingredients to the last bite, when all that remains is a few crumbs on a hand-painted porcelain plate, each cake is a celebration of all that is sweet and transient in life itself. Bonnae Gokson s Hong Kong cafes and restaurants include Ms B s Cakery, SEVVA and C est La B.
- Author Biography<b>Bonnae Gokson</b> is internationally renowned as a tastemaker and style icon. With inimitable creativity and flair, she founded her burgeoning empire of ultra glamorous hotspots, including SEVVA restaurant, chic C est la B cafe-bar, and scrumptious Ms B s Cakery in Hong Kong, to international acclaim. Considered by many to be art forms, her ventures are constantly imitated. An ingenious entrepreneur, Bonnae has worked in the luxury fashion, lifestyle and hospitality spheres with some of the most coveted brands in the world including Chanel, Prada, Gucci, Alexander McQueen, Giorgio Armani, Christian Louboutin to name but a few. <b>A. Chester Ong</b> is a Hong Kong-based photographer specializing in hotel, resort, architecture, interior, and food photography. His work appears regularly in Conde Nast Traveller, leading architecture magazines, and books. <b>Petrina Tinslay</b> photographs food, interiors and travel for some of the world's most prestigious brands, magazines, and book publishers. She has shot cookbooks for world-renowned chefs including Nigella Lawson, Bill Granger, Donna Hay, and Delia Smith.
- Author(s)Bonnae Gokson
- PublisherOro Editions
- Date of Publication28/05/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGoff Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2495 g
- Width262 mm
- Height315 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Photographer(s)A Chester Ong,Petrina Tinslay
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.