All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $102.86
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.06
- AU $14.37Trending at AU $15.54
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.48
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.33
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $35.77
- AU $28.41Trending at AU $30.53
About this product
- DescriptionButterfly Winter, W.P. Kinsella's first vel in 15 years, is the story of Julio and Esteban Pimental, twins born in the Caribbean country of Courteguay, a lush and enchanted but impoverished enclave on the border between Haiti and the Dominican Republic where time moves at its own pace and reality is open to question. The brothers are destined to play ball in America, and to shape the history of their baseball-crazed homeland. They mature quickly and by the age of ten they leave home for the Major Leagues. Julio is a winning pitcher who, much to the chagrin of any team that signs him, will only throw to his catcher brother, who is a very weak hitter. As they pursue their baseball dreams, events in their homeland, including political brutalities and the outlawing of baseball, continue to shape their lives. They are monitored by the Wizard, a mysterious figure who controls events behind the scenes. In his last years, the Wizard tells the story of the twins, their family and their lovers to a skeptical gringo journalist. Butterfly Winter is a magical literary romp that includes a diabolical chiropractor, a romance blessed by butterflies and a deep political undercurrent that unites the wealthy rth with the baseball-loving, talent-laden but oppressed and deprived south.
- Author BiographyW.P. Kinsella (1935-2016) was the legendary author of dozens of published works. His stories appear in numerous anthologies around the world. His most famous novel, Shoeless Joe, was turned into the Hollywood hit, Field of Dreams.
- Author(s)W P Kinsella
- PublisherSteerforth Press
- Date of Publication05/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSteerforth Press
- Weight345 g
- Width154 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.