Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.41Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.43Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1944, fifteen-year-old farm boy George Cooper goes on a Texas-sized mystical journey to find his father, lost in the Second World War. A letter from the Army carries bad news-Delroy Cooper is missing in action. George leaves behind a mother, grandmother and girlfriend on their Texas farm and joins the Army to search for his father in Europe. With training and borrowed dog tags, he finds himself in a place both foreign and frightening. Set during the greatest struggle of the twentieth century, BUTTERMILK MOON is a distillation of what it means to be an American-a mythical connection to the land and family and mystic communion with past generations. George's quest evokes the human will to survive, the human capacity for suffering and the perseverance to be near those we love.
- Author BiographyWise's children's poem, I'll Buy My Daughter an Elephant was published in the 12th Edition of SAY GOODNIGHT TO ILLITERACY, an award-winning book published by Half-Priced Books. BUTTERMILK MOON is his first novel.
- Author(s)Randy Ray Wise
- Date of Publication05/10/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight395 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.