Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionButtons have been made from almost every kwn material and by every manufacturing technique. Their study provides insight into fashion trends, the clothing industry and social history in general. This book introduces the wonderful array of these treasures from the past, to show the variety of materials and the intricate design and workmanship incorporated in the making of the humble button. Military and civilian uniform buttons are t included. Buttons can still be found amongst small items of silver or jewellery on antique stalls. The discerning eye can also spot interesting examples at boot fairs or charity shops. Collecting buttons can therefore be a hobby for everyone, however much or little they have to spend.
- Author BiographyAlan and Gillian Meredith have been button collectors for over thirty years, undertaking much original research and writing artciles for leading antiques magazines, as well as appearing on television and radio. They owned the first and only button museum in Great Britain. creating a focus for those interested in the history, design and manufacture of buttons, as well as introducing a fascinating subject to the general public.
- Author(s)Alan Meredith,Gillian Meredith
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/01/2001
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Series TitleShire Album S.
- Series Part/Volume Number382
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Notecolour and b&w illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edition StatementNew impression
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.