Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book of fiction since 1997 from the consummately underground Stuart Ross blends a characteristic penchant for experiment with the measured skill of a seasoned, highly disciplined craftsman. A man steps out for a pack of smokes and winds up walking around the planet; a woman sun-tanning by a pool finds herself covered in chicken feet; a man hires a bodyguard to protect him from his poodle. The forms these pieces take are impressive in range: fables, political tracts, letters, minimalist surrealism, and even post-gothic novella. Buying Cigarettes for the Dog holds a mirror to the absurdities of 21st-century earth; his is an absurdism so true that it becomes real.
- Author BiographyStuart Ross is a Toronto fiction writer, poet, editor, and creative-writing instructor. He has published two collaborative novels, a collection of stories, six poetry collections, and a collection of personal essays, and he is the editor of the anthology Surreal Estate: 13 Canadian Poets Under the Influence. Ross co-founded, with Nicholas Power, the Toronto Small Press Book Fair, an underground literary institution since 1987. He is currently the Fiction & Poetry Editor for This Magazine and Guest Poetry Editor for Toronto's Mansfield Press.
- Author(s)Stuart Ross
- PublisherBroadview Press Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintFreehand Books
- Weight320 g
- Width139 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.