Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.88Trending at AU $66.36
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.86
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.82
- AU $26.72Trending at AU $31.82
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.61
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.26
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover the exciting, and often miraculous, missionary adventures of the Swshoe Priest -Venerable Frederic Baraga, the first bishop of Michigan's Upper Peninsula. <p>Declared Venerable by Pope Benedict XVI on May 10, 2012, this priest came to the United States from Slovenia in 1830 to undertake his mission as a simple servant of God. For almost forty years, Fr. Frederic Baraga traveled across over 80,000 square miles of wilderness by swshoe in winter and cae in summer. In imitation of Christ, Bishop Baraga become poor so that he might bring the riches of the Catholic Faith to the Chippewa and immigrant residents of the beautiful peninsula he served. <p>Although t strictly a biography, this book is a story based on historical facts drawn from Bishop Baraga's own journal and letters. Many of the conversations are imagined, but the characters and deeds are real, making this a fascinating, easy-to-read history of Michigan's rthern peninsula. While this exciting adventure is intended for youth who are interested in kwing more about this quiet, courageous priest, readers of all ages will be inspired by his life of humility, simplicity, and selfless virtue. <p>This new study edition contains over 130 foottes, defining less familiar vocabulary words and-gleaned from Venerable Baraga's Journal and other primary sources-details regarding the region's people and places. Also included are discussion questions, applicable Scripture passages, pertinent quotations of Venerable Baraga from the text, and- most importantly-a section illustrating how to imitate the various virtues of Venerable Frederic Baraga. Additionally, the complete text of Bishop Baraga's 1853 Pastoral Letter to the Faithful has been included with numerous references added in order that we may read this in light of Scripture and the Compendium of the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Learn more about the life, ministry, and heroic virtues of Venerable Frederic Baraga, the Swshoe Priest !
- Author(s)James K Jamison
- PublisherBiblio Resource Publications, Inc.
- Date of Publication16/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBiblio Resource Publications, Inc.
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Eleanor Dart
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.