All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionWriting successful fiction is a balance between trusting one's own instincts and making the right conscious choices. In by Cunning & Craft, award-winning velist and short-story writer Peter Selgin shows you how to combine the instinctive process of creation with sound technical ingenuity. With precise instruction and examples from classic and best-selling works, this authoritative guide helps you master all the essential fiction-wiring elements. Whether you're facing the blank pages of a first draft or trying to revise a completed manuscript, By Cunning & Craft provides you with the guidance you need to outfox common writing pitfalls and make sure your work isn't wanting in wit-or perfection.
- Author BiographyPeter Selgin is the author of Drowning Lessons, winner of the 2007 Flannery O'Connor Award for Fiction, Life Goes to the Movies, a novel, and several children's books. His memoir, Confessions of a Left-Handed Man: An Artist's Memoir, was short-listed for the 2012 William Saroyan International Prize. His most recent novel, The Water Master, was awarded the Pirate's Alley/William Faulkner Society Prize for best novel. Other honors include the Missouri Review Editors' Prize, a Dana Award for the Essay, and a Eugene O'Neill National Playwrights' Conference Award for his full-length play, A God in the House, based on Dr. Kevorkian and his suicide machine. He is an Assistant Professor of English at Georgia College and State University and teaches at Antioch University's MFA Creative Writing Program.
- Author(s)Peter Selgin
- PublisherServing House Books
- Date of Publication23/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintServing House Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.