All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's 1962, and Twentieth Century Fox is threatening to fire Marilyn Monroe. The blond goddess hires Nate Heller, private eye to the stars, to tap her phone so she will have a record of their calls in case they take her to court. When Heller starts listening, he uncovers far more than nasty conversations. The CIA, the FBI, the Mafia-even the Russians-are involved in actions focused on Marilyn. She's the quintessential American cultural icon, idolized by women, desired by men, but her private life is... complicated...and her connection to the Kennedys makes her an object of interest to some parties with sinister intentions. Not long after Heller signs on, Marilyn winds up dead of a convenient overdose. The detective feels he owes her, and the Kennedys, with whom he busted up corrupt unions in the 1950s. But w, as Heller investigates all possible people-famous, infamous, or deeply cloaked-who might be responsible for Marilyn's death, he realizes that what has become his most challenging assignment may also be the end of him. PI Nathan Heller returns in his first new vel in a decade, as Max Allan Collins brings to life a vivid star-studded cast, from JFK and RFK to Frank Sinatra and Peter Lawford, from Jimmy Hoffa and Joe DiMaggio to Hugh Hefner and Sam Giancana. Bye Bye, Baby is a Hollywood tale you never thought could happen...but probably did.
- Author BiographyMAX ALLAN COLLINS has been chosen as the 2017 Grand Master by Mystery Writers of America (MWA). He is the bestselling author of crime fiction including Road to Perdition and the Perdition Saga, and the award-winning novel based on the film American Gangster. He has won two Shamus Awards for Nathan Heller novels. He also wrote the Dick Tracy comic strip for fifteen years, and is an independent filmmaker. He lives in Eastern Iowa.
- Author(s)Max Allan Collins
- PublisherSt. Martins Press-3pl
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleNathan Heller
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt. Martins Press-3pl
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $17.22Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.59
- AU $23.95Trending at AU $26.86
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.06
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.11
- AU $18.17Trending at AU $23.57
- AU $11.58Trending at AU $14.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.