CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $56.62Trending at AU $60.36
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $23.74
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $22.87
About this product
- DescriptionIt's December 24th, 1999. Byron Easy, a poverty-stricken poet, half-drunk and suicidal, sits on a train at King's Cross Station waiting to depart. In his lap is a backpack containing his remaining worldly goods-an empty wine bottle, a few books, a handful of crumpled banktes. As the journey commences he conjures memories (both painful and euphoric) of the recent past, of his rollercoaster London life, and, most distressingly, of Mandy-his half-Spanish Amazonian wife-in an attempt to make sense of his terrible-and ordinary-predicament. What has led him to this point? Where are his friends, his family, his wife? What has happened to his dreams? And what disturbing plan awaits him at the end of his journey? Byron Easy is an epic, baroque, sprawling masterpiece of a vel-a unique portrait of love and marriage, of the flux of memory, and of England in the dying days of the twentieth century from a young British writer of exceptional promise.
- Author BiographyJude Cook studied English Literature at UCL, and was a musician and songwriter for the band Flamingoes. Byron Easy is his first novel. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Jude Cook
- PublisherPegasus Books
- Date of Publication04/02/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPegasus Books
- Weight660 g
- Width165 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine40 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.