Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.90Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's 24 December, 1999. Byron Easy, a poverty-stricken poet - half-cut and suicidal - sits on a stationary train at King's Cross waiting to depart. In his lap is a bag containing his remaining worldly goods: an empty bottle of red wine, a few books, a handful of crumpled banktes. He is on the run. Not from the usual writer's trouble - money trouble, soul trouble - but special trouble, of a type you may have problems identifying with at first. As the journey commences, he conjures memories (painful and comic alike) of the recent past, of his roller-coaster London life, and of Mandy - his Amazonian wife - in an attempt to make sense of his terrible, and ordinary, predicament. So what has led him to this point? Where are his friends, his family? What happened to his dreams? And what awaits him at the end of his odyssey rth? Byron Easy is an epic, baroque sprawling monster of a vel, and a unique portrait of love and marriage, of the flux of memory, and of England in the dying days of the twentieth century by a young British writer of exceptional promise.
- Author BiographyJude Cook lives in London. He studied English Literature at UCL, and was a musician and songwriter for the band Flamingoes. Byron Easy is his first novel.
- Author(s)Jude Cook
- Date of Publication06/02/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWindmill Books
- Weight366 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.