All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Byzantium, two overlapping systems of dress existed: a semiotic one whereby dress was a code for rank and wealth, and a fashion system where dress was based on the desire to look a certain way. This book elucidates secular dress from the eighth to the twelfth centuries through an examination of painted representations.
- Author BiographyJENNIFER L. BALL is Assistant Professor of Medieval Art History at Brooklyn College, New York, USA.
- Author(s)Jennifer L. Ball
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication22/02/2006
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleNew Middle Ages
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight420 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.00Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $36.15
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $30.94
- AU $37.75Trending at AU $39.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.