All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume examines the effects of Byzantine culture on the rest of Europe, from the Middle Ages through the Renaissance, Protestant Reformation, Enlightenment, and up to the present time. The individual contributions cast a new light on different forms of encounter, adaptation, and impact, as well as the cultural clash. They investigate phemena from literature, philosophy, theology, history, jurisprudence, music, and art, elucidating the ways in which the Byzantine Empire significantly shaped the development of Europe as a transmitter of the Greek, Roman, and Christian cultures.
- Author BiographyFoteini Kolovou, Universitat Leipzig.
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter
- Date of Publication18/05/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleByzantinisches Archiv
- Series Part/Volume Number24
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter
- Content Note, black & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight783 g
- Edited byFoteini Kolovou
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.