Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $90.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBuy the print C# 5.0 Unleashed and get the eBook version for free! See inside the book for access code and details. C# 5.0 Unleashed is for anyone who wants to learn the C# programming language in depth, understanding how language features truly work. While giving you those insights, you learn where and how to use the features to design various kinds of software. This book t only teaches the language's capabilities, it also looks behind the scenes to build a solid foundation to aid you in understanding the .NET platform as a whole. ' Bart De Smet offers exceptional insight into the features of both the language and Microsoft's broader framework. He doesn't just cover the what and how of effective C# programming: He explains the why, so you can consistently choose the right language and platform features, maximizing your efficiency and effectiveness. ' The early chapters introduce the .NET platform, the tooling ecosystem, and the C# programming language, followed by in-depth coverage of the C# programming language itself, with immediate application of language features. The last chapters give an overview of the .N ET Framework libraries about which every good developer on the platform should kw. * Understand the .NET platform: its language support, libraries, tools, and more * Learn where C# fits, how it has evolved, and where it's headed * Master essential language features including expressions, operators, types, objects, and methods * Efficiently manage exceptions and resources * Write more effective C# object-oriented code * Make the most of generics, collections, delegates, reflection, and other advanced language features * Use LINQ to express queries for any form of data * Master dynamic programming techniques built on .NET's Dynamic Language Runtime (DLR) * Work with namespaces, assemblies, and application domains * Write more efficient code using threading, synchronization, and advanced parallel programming techniques * Leverage the Base Class Library (BCL) to quickly perform many common tasks * Instrument, diagse, test, and troubleshoot your C# code * Understand how to use the new C# 5.0 asynchrous programming features * Leverage interoperability with Windows Runtime to build Windows 8 applications
- Author BiographyBart J.F. De Smet is a software development engineer on Microsoft's Cloud Programmability Team, an avid blogger, and a popular speaker at various international conferences. In his current role, he's actively involved in the design and implementation of Reactive Extensions for .NET (Rx) and on an extended LINQ to Anything mission. You can read about Bart's technical adventures on his blog at http://blogs.bartdesmet.net/bart. His main interests include programming languages, virtual machines and runtimes, functional programming, and all sorts of theoretical foundations. In his spare time, Bart likes to go out for a hike in the wonderful nature around Seattle, read technical books, and catch up on his game of snooker. Before joining the company in October 2007, Bart was active in the .NET community as a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for C#, while completing his Bachelor of Informatics, Master of Informatics, and Master of Computer Science Engineering studies at Ghent University, Belgium.
- Author(s)Bart De Smet
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication22/04/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationIndianapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSams Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight2118 g
- Width182 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine55 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.64Trending at AU $38.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.