Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever wondered why so many companies and their security leaders fail in today's cyber challenges? Regardless if you are new in this role and look for guidance, or you are considering yourself an expert and just wish to verify that you haven't forgotten anything - this book will help you to tackle the subject right - by building security by design. The content covers your initial phases in the job such as setting expectations, base lining, gap analysis, capabilities building, and org chart variances. It then leads you to define security architecture, addressing a secure development process, application security and also security policy levels. Further items such as awareness programs, asset management, teaming up with audit, risk management, and finally the strategy development are covered. Then we dive into ROIs, trust relationships, KPIs, incident response, forensics, before we run into crises management by looking at some specific examples of personal experience of the author - himself a C(I)SO for many years. The book is ending by providing advice how to deal with other executive management, and what kind of education, certifications, and networking you need to focus on. If you consistently apply the content and advice provided in this book, you should be all set to succeed in your role as C(I)SO.
- Author BiographyMichael S. Oberlaender is a world-renowned security executive, thought leader, author and subject matter expert and has worked in executive level security roles (CSO/CISO) both in the US and EU (Germany) and in IT for over two decades. Most recently he has been serving as Chief Security Officer for the largest European cable network provider (Kabel Deutschland AG) in Munich, Germany and before served as Chief Information Security Officer for FMC Technologies Inc, a leading oil field services and engineering company in Houston, TX. Prior he was the Global IT Security Manager for Heidelberg Americas, Inc. in Atlanta, GA - the US subsidiary of Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG - the world leader in printing press manufacturing. Before that he worked several years as Project Leader Security and Networks with Suedzucker AG in Mannheim, Germany, the world market leader in sugar and Europe's largest food company where he has planned, built and run their complete Internet binding and DMZ solutions. He has more than two decades professional IT experience and is a member in good standing of (ISC), ISACA, InfraGard, and several industry associations and is certified CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CISA, ACSE, and GSNA (all current and in good standing). He holds a Master of Science (Physics) from the University of Heidelberg, Germany. His public profile as well as his publications can be found at: www.linkedin.com/in/mymso. Michael is dual citizen (US and German) and speaks fluent English, German, fair French, and continually learns Spanish. When he is not at work, at conferences, chapter meetings, crises managing or otherwise busy, he enjoys time to relax with his family.
- Author(s)Michael S Oberlaender
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.