Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionLittle more than a decade ago computer-aided design and manufacture (CAD/CAM) was a very esoteric field indeed, t one that was of much practical concern to a manager or industrialist unless his business was on the scale of, say, a major automobile manufacturer or in a field of high techlogy such as aerospace. Like so much else, this situation was revo- lutionized by the invention of the silicon chip, the arrival of the micro- processor and the dramatic fall in the cost of computer hardware. Today, CAD/CAM has spread down the market, and down the price scale, to the point at which it is both a feasible and an affordable techlogy for a wide range of small-and medium-sized companies in areas as various as architec- ture and general engineering, plastic moulding and consumer electronics. But the explosion - there is other word for it - in the variety and capabilities of CAD/CAM systems, and their spectacular climb to the top of the hi-tech hit parade, has placed the potential purchaser and user of the new techlogy in a difficult position. On the one hand he is assured, t least by the manufacturers of CAD/CAM equipment, that a failure to invest in it will leave his company stranded in the industrial Stone Age.
- Date of Publication09/03/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight361 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byA. J. Medland
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1986
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.