All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionSets forth what to do and what t to do to keep people and property safe Based on the author's more than two decades of managing core facets of emergency planning and response, this book enables readers to minimize the possibility of a chemical, biological, radiological, or nuclear (CBRN) disaster or a hazardous material (hazmat) incident at public events. Moreover, it sets forth the tools needed to quickly respond to an incident in order to avoid or minimize casualties and damages. With its comprehensive approach, the book equips readers to plan for and manage a multi-disciplinary safety and emergency response team, including police, security, medical, military, and fire and civil protection personnel. CBRN and Hazmat Incidents at Major Public Events examines all aspects of security planning and emergency response, including: * General planning and preparedness procedures such as initial considerations, response network development, and training and exercise * Planning and preparedness for security and emergency response providers, including medical, fire, police, military, and VIP protection personnel * Incident response, including initial response, detection and identification, and law enforcement Lastly, the author provides fourteen specific public event scenarios, explaining what to do and what t to do for effective emergency planning and response to CBRN and hazmat incidents. These scenarios also set the foundation for preparedness training and exercises. Throughout the book, sidebars summarize the author's extensive operational and managerial experience, helping readers focus on the core tested and proven strategies and techniques needed to prevent or mitigate the impact of a CBRN or hazmat incident. With its unique focus on CBRN and hazmats, this book is essential reading for all personnel charged with protecting lives and property at large public events.
- Author BiographyDAN KASZETA is Senior Research Fellow at the International Institute for Non-Proliferation Studies and Managing Director at Strongpoint Security Ltd. He is also a Correspondent for CBRNe World. Mr. Kaszeta's more than twenty-year career has spanned a broad range of core activities in emergency planning and response. A former captain in the U.S. Army Chemical Corps, Mr. Kaszeta worked for the White House for twelve years as Disaster Preparedness Adviser for the White House Military Office and as Physical Security Specialist for the U.S. Secret Service.
- Author(s)Dan Kaszeta
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication04/01/2013
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight770 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.