All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere is a growing awareness of the need to address the psychological distress associated with physical ill health; however, current resources are limited and difficult to access. The best way to tackle the issue is by enhancing the skills of those professionals who have routine contact with them. CBT provides the evidence-based skills that most readily meet these requirements in a time and cost efficient manner. Based on materials prepared for a Cancer Network sponsored training programme and modified to address the needs of a larger client population of people experiencing psychological distress due to physical ill-health, this invative workbook offers a basic introduction and guide to enable healthcare professionals to build an understanding of the relevance and application of CBT methods in everyday clinical practice.
- Author BiographyNigel Sage is Consultant Clinical Psychologist in cancer and Palliative Care at The Beacon community Specialist Centre for Cancer and Palliative Care in Guildford, Surrey. He is an Accredited Cognitive Behaviour therapist and also works in primary care mental health in Hampshire. Michelle Sowden is Consultant Clinical Psychologist at Frimley Park Hospital where she has provided and developed a service to patients with physical health problems across the Clinical Directorates. She has a special interest in the application of cognitive behavioural and systemic therapies to the management of chronic medical conditions. Elizabeth Chorlton is a Chartered Clinical Psychologist at Frimley Park Hospital, in the Department of Psychological Medicine, with patients who are experiencing psychological difficulties as a result of physical health problems. In addition to her clinical psychology training, she has an MSc in the field of health psychology. Andrea Edeleanu is Director of Specialist Therapies and Service User Involvement for Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Trust. She works clinically in Community Health Psychology and provides consultancy and clinical supervision to colleagues in health, mental health and community services. She is a consultant Clinical Psychologist, Chartered Health Psychologist and an Accredited Cognitive Behaviour therapist.
- Author(s)Andrea Edeleanu,Elizabeth Chorlton,Michelle Sowden,Nigel Sage
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication08/04/2008
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight654 g
- Width170 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.