Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book to show how to use cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) with the full spectrum of post-traumatic responses; exploring how they affect and relate to one ather. Focusing t only on co-morbidity with other anxiety disorders and depression, the book looks more widely at, for example, co-existing pain, substance abuse and head injury. After discussing how to tailor CBT practice to work most effectively with trauma responses in real-world settings, Michael J Scott goes on to explore the step-by-step treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder, other commonly occurring disorders and, finally, secondary traumatisation. Those training to work with young people, or already doing so, will find the focus in Part Three on CBT with traumatized children invaluable.
- Author BiographyMichael J Scott is a Consultant Psychologist specialising in the assessment and treatment of trauma and practising in Liverpool. This is his ninth text book and his books have included the Simply Effective CBT series and a self-help book for trauma victims and their friends and family, Moving On After Trauma. He taught CBT for 15 years at the University of Manchester and was External Examiner for the MSc in Cognitive and Behaviuoural Psychotherapies at the University of Chester. He is currently External Examiner at the Sheffield Hallam University.
- Author(s)Michael J. Scott,Sundeep Sembi
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/12/2012
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.