All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionIncreasing numbers of therapists are coming into contact with the problem of compulsive sexual behaviour disorders. However, it is still a relatively new field and there is little in the current literature available that enables the therapist to work with and treat this problem. CBT for Compulsive Sexual Behaviour: A guide for professionals addresses this by providing a guide to cognitive-behavioural theory and practice which includes the assessment, diagsis and treatment of addictive sexually compulsive disorders. Beginning with a description of addictive sexuality and an overview of cognitive behavioural therapy in which CBT is presented as the most useful response, Thaddeus Birchard provides clear therapeutic information about the implementation of CBT treatment intervention. The chapters included cover the neuroscience that underpins the addictive process; a 'how to' chapter on the use of groups; paraphilias; trauma and attachment; comorbid disorders and cross-addictions and analysis on the function of internet porgraphy, all written from a cognitive behavioural stance. Using case vignettes throughout, Thaddeus Birchard draws on his own experience as a psychosexual therapist, along with the latest research in the field, to enable the therapist to treat a range of compulsive sexual problems in a way that can be applied in individual practice or in a group setting as well as how to prevent relapse. This book will be essential reading for psychosexual therapists, cognitive behaviour therapists and other professional working with sexual compulsive disorders.
- Author BiographyThaddeus Birchard is the founder of the Marylebone Centre for Psychological Therapies and the Association for the Treatment of Sexual Addiction and Compulsivity. He is widely acknowledged as the pioneer of all work on sexual addiction in the UK and as an expert on working with men with out of control sexual behaviours.
- Author(s)Thaddeus Birchard
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/05/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note14 black & white line drawings
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.